Within this blog...

Interests, Pastimes & Hobbies

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is the gym for you?

I just got back from the apartment's gym. after spending some 40 mins there. Now, I've returned with some sweat around the neck area of my shirt, not very happy as I expected at least half part of my shirt wet. Probably this is due to the chilly weather in Bangkok in concurrence with winter time in the northern hemisphere.

Frankly speaking, I've never like hitting the gym. To me, it's like too rigid. A treadmill is meant for walking, a static bicycle for cycling, dumbell for lifting and other equipments used at it is designed for. Personnally, I prefer dancing where besides dance moves and poses, facial expression is also considered to judge a good dance performance. In addition, the fun and the diligence to improve the skill actually makes one forget that they're actually working out.

Well, today, I hit the gym as I am not signed up to any dance classes considering my work travelling commitments. I miss the dance class I used to sign up to. Anyhow, I'm not here to lament. I wonder if anyone out there is with me on going to the gym. Back home, I would instead go swimming, play a racquet game, do some house chores or anything else instead of hitting the gym(in fact, I'm not a member of one). I go swimming because I still strive to improve my butterfly stroke, tennis to improve my stroke & service in the game( I still can't consistently keep the ball low), house chores to ensure that at the end of the day, I feel accomplised as instead of an eyesore, the house looks cleaner and the gym, just to sweat? In my honest opinion, it's boring and it's like I'm counting each dumbell lifts, stretches and set a time to the machines. When all is done, I do sweat but my mood's not lifted.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails