Within this blog...

Interests, Pastimes & Hobbies

Sunday, June 10, 2012

NZ's Great Walk: The Tongariro Alpine Crossing




One day on Facebook...


A.S: I think I'm going to just skip doing the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. Hiking on stony tracks is not something for my feet. 


Immediately, friends responded...


Friend A: You must be kidding me. That's the best tramp I've ever done in NZ. You just have to do it. I'm sure you won't regret it.


A.S: Really?? Aren't there much nicer ones in the South Island, especially those with glaciers and snowy peaks.


Friend A: Yes, there are but to me, Tongariro is still topping my list.


Friend B: Seriously, do it, A.S!! Come on, it's the greatest walk in NZ. It's just breathtaking! It's not difficult, don't worry!


A.S: Yeah, I'd love to but it's too stony, I don't think I have the best footwear for it.  My leg hurts and I'm having blisters too on my toes. The weather's not too good. It's been rainy. Don't you think that it's a waste to hike up there and see nothing?


But in the end, she was glad that she made it! Yay, yay, yay!!! Sure enough, according to the weather forecast from I-site, Monday was a good day for the hike and yes, she found herself returning to bright sunny weather after the  4 days spent in Napier.














*A.S's current location*
Day/ Date: Sun/ Jun 10th, 2012

- A.S has been here in Spain since May 15th. She's currently in Girona, a town 1 hour's drive Northeast of Barcelona. She admits she has a lot to catch up on her blog updates.  Burdened with lots of thoughts, plans and to-dos, she'll still try her very best to keep this blog alive. Thank you so much for keeping up with her delays.

A.S appreciates you as an audience to her blog. It keeps her contented knowing she's not writing for herself. She welcomes you to drop in more often, share your thoughts and interact with her here at cyberspace. The posts may be a little behind but she promises to close the gap as much as she can, as she gets limited internet access and the time to update.


Be a fan today to get instant updates the soonest the next post is published!

It's EASY. At the right-most column of this page, you may either choose to:-

1. Receive blog updates by mail

2. Read her up-to-date posts at your MyYahoo, Google, etc. homepage by subscribing thru the links.

3. Read her up-to-date posts on your Facebook wall by 'Like'-ing the fan page A.S created specially for this blog (Scroll down page to search right-most column)

4. If you are a fellow blogger, link to her blog with the HTML code provided.


Thank you very much and A.S hopes you enjoy your stay here. ;)





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails