Within this blog...

Interests, Pastimes & Hobbies

Thursday, May 26, 2011

AP in USA: Entrepreneur Teens


B: Can I mow your lawn for 10 Dollars?
A: OK, come and do it once every 2 weeks. Do you have your own mower?
B: No
A: Alright, you can use mine. Make sure to gather and get rid of the grass and clean the mower after use.

Over the phone...
A: Have you got time tomorrow morning at 11am?
C: Yes, what's up?
A: I'm having my house painted and I need my furniture relocated to the basement. Can you come over to help me out? Bring your brother with you.
C: OK.

Over the phone...
A:  I have a new bed delivered tomorrow at 3pm. Will you be home from school?
C: Yes. What can I help?
A: Can you please set the bed up for me? I also have new window blinds I'd need your help to install.
C: OK.


One evening as A was moving some old furnitures out from the house, D came over from the house across the street.
D: Hey A, you need any help?
A: It's OK.
D: You're painting your house, eh? That's quite a bit of a job. Would you like me to do it for you? I'd do a great job!


Some descriptions about the characters above:-
A: a woman in her 40's 
B: a 4th grader boy at 10 years old
C: a high school boy at 16 years old
D: an elementary school boy at 13 years old
and they all lived in the same neighbourhood


An additional note...
In fact, D distributed flyers around offering his service around the neighbourhood as a do-it-all serviceman.
One could even see his flyers posted up on the mall's community board as well as at the community club house down at the beach of Lake Washington.


This is not the first post AkiraSabine shares her observations on the USA. Click here to read more...




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails