Within this blog...

Interests, Pastimes & Hobbies

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Erawan Waterfalls

Another post on my trip to Kanchanaburi...



This waterfalls is popular in Kanchanaburi. Apparently, it's not the only one around here as national parks are aplenty in this western Thai province. However, this is the most visited one around as it comprises of 7 tiers.

The video above shows the 7th tier behind the trees. Can you see it?? I hope so, I've tried magnifiying it for your better viewing. I did not join the 2 of my tourmates up there as I couldn't risk myself and my camera harrowing my way across the swift slippery path. Not even for the sake of taking better video for my blog. But as you see, it's quite an impressive high tier up there.

I thought I've arrived during the best season, which was during the rainy season when the falls claim to be more beautiful. However, when I went to book the day tour, I was actually advised to change my plans as the water was red. "Huh, what exactly does that mean??? the water RED??"" Well, muddy they explained due to the earth from the mountain. After some deep deliberation, I insisted on going as that's one of my to see list besides visiting the Tiger Temple.

So, what do you think of the water?? With moderate expectations in mind, it's still not that bad to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The place looks magical. I'm kinda intrigued with the waterfalls fish spa.

In the meantime, you might want to take a look about New Yor New York Shopping Center in Taipei, Taiwan. Hope you like it and have a lovely day. :)

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Hi asian traveler,

Thanks for dropping in.
Yea...the fishes were kinda of ticking. It started coming near me when I stayed still for a few seconds.

Related Posts with Thumbnails