Within this blog...

Interests, Pastimes & Hobbies

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Simple Indulgence

Hmm... coffee...imagine having one beside you when you're at work. The lingering aroma in the office is just simply pleasant and stimulating. The office air conditioner is freezing cold and yet you're pampered an kept warm with your cup of steaming hot coffee.

Imagine outside it's raining heavily. You're sitting by the window with the rain pouring right on the other side of the window pane. You can see people running for shelter, half-wet and cold, some trying to keep hold to their umbrella from the strong wind. But you are where you are, warm and cosy in your bed, underneath layers of sheets, tucked in bed with a good book or some music at the background. The water just done boiling and you went to make your good coffee, u brought in to the room only to find the whole room burst with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. You went back to bed, u hold the coffee mug with both your palms. You feel warmth spreading to the rest of your body from your palm. You listen to the music. You sip and you dream if life would stop and stay like this forever.

Coming back to the present, I'm typing here at home, I neither have an air conditioner nor is it raining outside. I still have my mug of coffee with me which I can sip from time to time. It has been a habit to have a steaming hot drink with me whenever I'm hard doing something. I wake and I often sleep with hot beverage. It's simply an indulgence I can't live without at the moment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails