Within this blog...

Interests, Pastimes & Hobbies

Monday, April 21, 2008

Getting on Track

I'm playing tennis again and thus I think it's time I renew my shoes. The current's sole has cracked and is falling open. Now I'm thinking if I should simply get another pair of badminton shoes or tennis shoes. Both are suitable for court games. I wouldn't want to use my existing badminton shoes for both courts as the sole will wear off faster on tennis courts and gets too slippery for badminton courts.

I've surveyed and it seems that a pair of badminton shoes falls within RM 39.90 to RM 59.90 while a pair of Dunlop Tennis Shoes falls from RM59.90 to RM79.90. I don't need to see the percentage difference but they're out of my budget. During a sale, a pair of badminton shoes costed me only RM19.90. In fact, that's what I paid for my last new pair. Looks like I've gotta hang on for a while before I get a new pair for tennis.

Normally, tennis shoes come in white sole while badminton in yellow ocre (there are white as well). If you're familiar with the brands, you'll know right away Yonex, Carlston and Axel brands speak for badminton while Wilson and Dunlop for tennis.

At the same time, I'm also looking into overgrips. I've been getting blisters on my middle finger after a session of tennis/squash. Before playing squash, I'll normally wear a glove and tape the area. It does help. However, if I were to wear a glove for tennis, I can't be sure that my racquet will not fly off with the ball. I won't be able to grip it properly due to the increased diameter.

How about the balls? Shall I change them as well? Well..well.... I'll make do with what I have for the moment. I'll be darned if it flies out of sight with just a simple unprofessional hit.

2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

playing tennis wif a badminton show may sprain yr ankles

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Thanks for the concern. However, I personally think they're the same. A pair of tennis shoes is just slightly more comfy, bulkier and more durable. In fact, I've been playing tennis with badminton shoes all along. On the other hand, playing court games with running shoes will definitely cause injury. It's curved sole is designed for running and not for court's use.

Related Posts with Thumbnails