Within this blog...

Interests, Pastimes & Hobbies

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Heavenly Food

SUNDAY, 27 APR 2008

11.30 am : Stomach growling. Went hunting for food.

3.30 pm : Returned home. Yum, whacking time!



First and foremost, started off with the appetizer...Chukanan Mangoes!


Look, I purposely kept some flesh for you. Look, how juicy it is!


Next, milk + egg loaf. Not as soft as expected but still within minutes, I'd taken a few pieces. Tasted slightly sweet with subtle egg taste. Didn't taste any milk.

Vitamin and carbo aside, here comes the protein. Pistachios! Plant source protein minus the cholesterol, saturated fat and additional cooking oil. So healthy, you think so too?

Oh ya, nearly forgotten my favourite beverage. As you can see, I just bought a Riva Coffee, apparently a product of Brazil. Giving this brand my first try. Tasted immediately. In my opinion, the taste is similar to Nescafe Classic. However, this 100g costs about the price of 200g Nescafe refill pack. Wanna know how I make my coffee? Simple. 1 tsp coffee powder + 1.5 tsp creamer = bitter, not tasty but low cal. Once a while, I'll make it the easy way with Aik Cheong Premix White Coffee or sorts.

If you think I'm trying to save money. Not really. Here's my bills for this trip alone.


But why do I have such eating habits?

1. I like to think that I eat what I want, minus extra oil or any other stuffs I don't fancy but adds to my calorie intake in a conventional meal. (errmm.. ignore the chips)

2. I can eat by myself anytime & anywhere at my liking.

3. I can take half and leave half for my next hunger pang.

4. I don't have to go to crowded and stuffy coffeeshops for food.

5. I can choose to buy whichever brands under promotional prices.

6. Last but most importantly, I feel more satisfied (contented, not full) than after a meal outside.

4 comments:

The Fitness Diva said...

I am the same with eating habits. I eat things by myself that I wouldn't serve other people. That way I don't have to worry about the flavor being so rich.

That mango looks good! :)

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Hi, I'm so glad we share a common eating habit! Yea, it doesn't always taste good but we always go for less rich food. I doubt cooks would like it if we told them how to prepare our food. Taste comes first for them.

Yea, I simply love mangoes. Can't get enough of them. Helps in my consti prob too. Fortunately, I paused to take this pic instead of letting your eyes feast on leftovers. *LoL*

Anonymous said...

Wow, yummy. Thanks for the mangoes!

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

My pleasure. Tempting, huh? Now, I feel like eating one, not one piece, but one whole mango.

Related Posts with Thumbnails